Soooo..... Robb G and Andy Poolhall decided to launch their Monday nights Reboot with a DJ Competition. The prospect of this was really exciting to me but I felt really unprepared and inexperienced... However, after a shitty couple days of work i turned the negativity and sad energy into a mix. I made some notes on my first rough mark up of it. There were definitely some good blends in the first draft, but DEFINITELY some shitty things too haha. Anyway, the next day after an even SHITTIER day of work... I churned all that into a really productive evening!
I submitted it with an hour to spare to the deadline!
Two days later, my friend Aviva and I are driving to visit Wals in London ON and I have been checking my emails and facebook on and off all day Friday. Still no word. It's Saturday. As we are approaching Ingersoll, I check my email from my phone once again.
The @ sign in the nav bar indicates a new email... OH DEAR GOD.
false alarm. LUSH Cosmetics wants me to buy their christmas products on sale.
but soon enough, another email comes in from the REBOOT contest and it says:
Hey Jasmine,
Congratulations, you're in!
The 16 contestants names will be announced once I've communicated with
everyone personally. Who competes on which night will be announced before
the end of the weekend.
Thanks for being a part of this.
Robb
Reboot Mondays
AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cried. I won't lie. I actually cried. I told Aviva and she told me she wasn't surprised :D. I immediately called up Amber and told her and I cried again. It feels like everything happened so quickly!!
I feel really in over my head now to be honest, because I saw a couple others who entered the contest on facebook... and they've got some serious gigs under their belts :( i'm just a tiny little DJ from my living room...
So now what?
Tracklist below:
1. Manman - Avicii
2. Bubblegum - Afrojack
3. Less Go (Porter Robinson Remix) - Spencer & Hill
4. Pondo (Chuckie & Silvio Ecomo Remix) - Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano
5. Animal Rights - Deadmau5
6. Cool (Afrojack remix) - Spencer & Hill
7. Nasty Dog - WoNK
8. The Thirteenth Skull (Original Mix) - Cold Blank
9. Acid Drops - Asle
10. Proper - DJ Fixx
11. No Pants Dance - Robb G
2. Bubblegum - Afrojack
3. Less Go (Porter Robinson Remix) - Spencer & Hill
4. Pondo (Chuckie & Silvio Ecomo Remix) - Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano
5. Animal Rights - Deadmau5
6. Cool (Afrojack remix) - Spencer & Hill
7. Nasty Dog - WoNK
8. The Thirteenth Skull (Original Mix) - Cold Blank
9. Acid Drops - Asle
10. Proper - DJ Fixx
11. No Pants Dance - Robb G
No comments:
Post a Comment